It’s a morning just like any other I wake up groggy and unprepared for the day. As I look over at my alarm I see it is already late, its exam week. I realize this seconds later when I look at my phone and see my friend asking my whereabouts for the math exam. Math the bane of my existence I realized there had been no studying the night before between my movies and games. I rush to arrive on time for the exam franticly studying as I eat breakfast and rush to school. I walk into the exam the air conditioning is blasting even though it is still the middle of winter; the air tastes old and stale from the group of students that have been here before me. The desk I chose to occupy has seated many before me; I can almost see the strength used to engrave the answers on the paper. The residue of their answers still felt in the soft grain of the wood. Since I had not studied I hoped my days in class were enough to get me a passing grade. As I look at the exam I see, numbers. As to what they mean I could not tell you, because I had not been there the day they explained this concept. Why me? I ask myself with hate why I had to be the one that slacked off, couldn't I be one of those people who don't need to study to get an A. This question is floating around my head as I pick random questions on the test, you can just smell failure on the test. This is a smell unlike any, it is rotten and foul. After not using a calculator for an hour I can finally use it to solve my problems. When it is over I realize I am the last one in the room to finish. I am alone and unprepared Study Why? This is the last time I fail due to lack of study.
Friday, February 28, 2014
Study. Why?
It’s a morning just like any other I wake up groggy and unprepared for the day. As I look over at my alarm I see it is already late, its exam week. I realize this seconds later when I look at my phone and see my friend asking my whereabouts for the math exam. Math the bane of my existence I realized there had been no studying the night before between my movies and games. I rush to arrive on time for the exam franticly studying as I eat breakfast and rush to school. I walk into the exam the air conditioning is blasting even though it is still the middle of winter; the air tastes old and stale from the group of students that have been here before me. The desk I chose to occupy has seated many before me; I can almost see the strength used to engrave the answers on the paper. The residue of their answers still felt in the soft grain of the wood. Since I had not studied I hoped my days in class were enough to get me a passing grade. As I look at the exam I see, numbers. As to what they mean I could not tell you, because I had not been there the day they explained this concept. Why me? I ask myself with hate why I had to be the one that slacked off, couldn't I be one of those people who don't need to study to get an A. This question is floating around my head as I pick random questions on the test, you can just smell failure on the test. This is a smell unlike any, it is rotten and foul. After not using a calculator for an hour I can finally use it to solve my problems. When it is over I realize I am the last one in the room to finish. I am alone and unprepared Study Why? This is the last time I fail due to lack of study.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment